Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rain, Rain go Away.......

Normally I would not be posting but the weather has turned uncooperative in Honolulu with a constant downpour of rain this morning. I of course did not really bring any clothes for rainy weather (my jacket is water proof though) so my plan of walking through it on my way to pick up my race packet at the Expo died quickly since I gave the key to the apartment to the parents. I will wait for a ride from either Cara or the parents to get to the Expo.

This morning I just took a shower and watched an episode of the Office with Cara before she had to go to work. As she was leaving Cara fell down the stairs outside her apartment since they were slick with rain and she was only wearing flat bottomed sandals. Not smart since they have no traction but I guess people are so use to wearing them here that they forget about the downside to wearing flat shoes when the weather turns bad. She bruised her elbow and back and was generally shaken up and then called into work to take the day off but apparently they needed her to sign something so she had to go in. She's quite a trooper! Since then I have caught up on email and surfed the web. Good times.

Dad and I were suppose to go to Pearl Harbor to do the tourist thing but he called and said it was closed due to the rain. He is on his way over here to do something else but either traffic is bad or he got lost; maybe both! (Mom just called to say he did get lost!)

I may not write more before the trip is over since I will be pretty busy. I promise a full update on all my vacation activities when I get home though.

No comments: